Tijuana Flats to Open First Location in Miami
On Tuesday, May 29, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its first location in North Miami at 13256 Biscayne Blvd.
This new location will feature Tijuana Flatsʼ fresh, made-to-order menu, a 15-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,400-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor and patio seating for more than120 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, portraying a pack of red-eyed zombies as they prepare to invade MIami.
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
- A tankless water heater
Opening week specials include:
Tuesday, May 29 — Opening Day & Tijuana Tuesdaze
- Two tacos, chips and a drink for $4.99 ($1 additional for steak or carnitas)
Wednesday, May 30 — Bring A Buddy Day
- Bring in a friend and receive one free entrée (of equal or lesser value, with the purchase of an entrée)
Thursday, May 31 — Throwback Thursdaze
- One Tijuana-sized burrito, chips and a drink for $5.99 ($1 additional for steak or carnitas)
Friday, June 1 — Rock Out Party!
- Live music from 6 to 9 p.m., giveaways and $2 Dos Equis beers all day
Saturday, June 2 — Local Hero Day
- 50% off entrées for all EMTs, teachers, military, firefighters and police
Sunday, June 3 — Kids Eat Free
- Free Little Lizards meal with purchase of an adult entrée.
To view the Tijuana Flats menu as well as list of locations, visit www.tijuanaflats.com.