Tex-Mex Revolution Continues to Spread in South Florida
–Tijuana Flats Announces Grand Opening In Stuart–
ORLANDO, Fla. (April 17, 2012) - On Monday, April 30, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its first location in Stuart at 1990 SE Federal Highway.
This new location will feature Tijuana Flatsʼ fresh, made-to-order menu, a 15-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,700-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor and patio seating for more than 100 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, portraying a purple-haired, ocean mutant creating whirling waves while manipulating sea monsters to destroy any ship that dare deliver less-than-fresh taco-goodness.
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
- A tankless water heater
Opening week specials include:
Monday, April 30 — Opening Day
- 50% off entrées for teachers, police, firefighters, military and all medical fields employees (with valid I.D.)
Tuesday, May 1 — Tijuana Tuesdaze
- Two tacos, chips and a drink for $4.99
Wednesday, May 2 — United Way of Martin County Give Back Day
- 20% of all sales will be donated to the United Way of Martin County
Thursday, May 3 — Burrito Thursdito
- One regular burrito, chips and a drink for $4.99
Friday, May 4 — Rock Out Party!
- Live music from 6 to 9 p.m., giveaways and $2 Mexican beers all night.
Saturday, May 5 — Cinco De Mayo
- $2 Mexican beers, fun, food and giveaways all day.
Sunday, May 6 — Kids Eat Free
- Free Little Lizards meal with purchase of an entrée.
To view the Tijuana Flats menu as well as list of locations, visit www.tijuanaflats.com.