ORLANDO, FL (June 24, 2015) – On Monday, June 29th, Tijuana Flats, known for its made-to-order, fresh, Tex-Mex fare and vibrant wall art, will open in Viera. Located at 7181 Lake Andrew Dr., the new restaurant will employ 35-40 team members to include management, back of house and front of house employees. This location will add to the current neighboring locations in Melbourne and Merritt Island.
“With the Viera area experiencing tremendous growth, both in residential and retail sectors, we are confident that Tijuana Flats will be a great fit and complement to the community,” said Brad Kaemmer, Chief Executive Officer for Tijuana Flats.
Additionally, the location will feature energy-efficient equipment and environmentally friendly processes to include:
– Menus on recycled paper
– Energy efficient LED Lighting with an average life of 50K hours
– Environmentally friendly Energy Star rated tankless water heaters *Member of US Green Building Council
– Water saving toilets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
– Ceiling tile made with up to 55% recycled content
– Zero VOC paint, certified Greenguard Gold for low chemical emissions
– Low flow, water conserving faucets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
– Floor tile made with post and pre consumer recycled materials *Member of US Green Building Council
– E Solutions, energy efficient, eco-conscious walk in cooler condensers
– Energy Star rated steamer
– Occupancy sensors and time clocks are used to conserve energy throughout the restaurant
– Water saving Pre-Rinse unit
OPENING WEEK SPECIALS INCLUDE:
Mon. June 29: Free Burritos – One free burrito for the first 50 guests on opening day
Tues. June 30: Tijuana Tuesdaze – Two tacos, chips & a drink for $5.49 (every Tuesday)
Wed. July 1: $2 Tacos & Beers – All day, must be 21 to drink
Thurs. July 2: Throwback Thursdaze – Tijuana burrito, chips & a drink for $5.99 (every Thursday)
Fri. July 3: Rock Out Party – Live music from 6-9pm, drink specials all day & giveaways
Sat. July 4: We will be closed to celebrate Independence Day and to spend time with our friends and family
Sun. July 5: Local Hero Day – Public servants receive 50% off an entrée (police, firefighters, teachers, EMT, military, doctors & nurses) with valid ID
*Excludes fish tacos and specialty burritos. Extra for steak and carnitas.
Happy Hour Monday – Friday 4-7pm Includes – $2 drafts, $2 wine, $3 sangria, $10 buckets
The restaurant is 2,310 sq. ft. and has 70 interior dining seats and 30 outdoor patio seats. Guests can sample any of the 15 different hot sauces from the hot sauce bar. The wall mural, a staple at all Tijuana Flats but personalized to each location, depicts a zip liner running from wild animals at the Brevard Zoo to get his burrito.