ORLANDO, FL (June 24, 2015) – On Monday, June 29th, Tijuana Flats, known for its made-to-order, fresh, Tex-Mex fare and vibrant wall art, will open a 1/2 mile from The University of North Carolina in Charlotte. Located at 8926 J M Keynes Dr., the new restaurant will employ 35-40 team members to include management, back of house and front of house employees. This new location will add to neighboring locations in Concord and Gastonia and will become the ninth location in the state of North Carolina.
“It’s been exciting to continue our expansion into the Charlotte market. We are confident that the UNC Charlotte community will be a perfect fit for us,” said Brad Kaemmer, Chief Executive Officer for Tijuana Flats.
Additionally, the location will feature energy-efficient equipment and environmentally friendly processes to include:
– Menus on recycled paper
– Energy efficient LED Lighting with an average life of 50K hours
– Environmentally friendly Energy Star rated tankless water heaters *Member of US Green Building Council
– Water saving toilets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
– Ceiling tile made with up to 55% recycled content
– Zero VOC paint, certified Greenguard Gold for low chemical emissions
– Low flow, water conserving faucets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
– Floor tile made with post and pre consumer recycled materials *Member of US Green Building Council
– E Solutions, energy efficient, eco-conscious walk in cooler condensers
– Energy Star rated steamer
– Occupancy sensors and time clocks are used to conserve energy throughout the restaurant
– Water saving Pre-Rinse unit
OPENING WEEK SPECIALS INCLUDE:
Mon. June 29: Free Burritos – One free burrito for the first 50 guests on opening day
Tues. June 30: Tijuana Tuesdaze – Two tacos, chips & a drink for $5.49 (every Tuesday)
Wed. July 1: $2 Tacos – All day
Thurs. July 2: Throwback Thursdaze – Tijuana burrito, chips & a drink for $5.99 (every Thursday)
Fri. July 3: Rock Out Party – Live music from 6-9pm, drink specials all day & giveaways
Sat. July 4: We will be closed to celebrate Independence Day and spend time with our friends and family
Sun, July 5: 4 Entrees and 4 drinks for $30 – Excludes Megajuana, Make it a Meal and Pick Dos, not valid with any other offers or discounts
*Excludes fish tacos and specialty burritos. Extra for steak and carnitas.
Drink specials every Monday and Wednesday include – $2 Dos Equis & Sam Adams drafts, $3 local craft beers, $10 buckets, $2 wine and $3 sangria. Margaritas also available.
The restaurant is 2,398 sq. ft. and has 70 interior dining seats and 28 outdoor patio seats. Guests can sample any of the 15 different hot sauces from the hot sauce bar. The wall mural, a staple at all Tijuana Flats but personalized to each location, depicts a 49er bursting out of a cave, representative of the mascot of UNC Charlotte.