Heatwave Expected to Hit South Florida
–Tijuana Flats Announces Opening of Its Palm Beach Gardens Location–
On Monday, March 15, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its Palm Beach Gardens location at 11608
US Highway 1.
The Palm Beach Gardens location will feature Tijuana Flats’ made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,300-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 65-70 guests and outdoor seating for 26 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, incorporating a cosmic-space sci-fi design.
“We are continuing our South Florida expansion with Palm Beach Gardens, our most ʻnorthernʼ South Florida location to open” said Tijuana Flatsʼ CEO, Brian Wheeler. “We are excited to ʻspice upʼ the city with our great, laid-back atmosphere and high quality food and hope to become a staple in the local community that everyone enjoys.”
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
- A tankless and regular water heater
Opening week specials include:
Monday, March 15 – Opening Day!
Tuesday, March 16 – Kids Eat Free
- Free kids meal with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Wednesday, March 17 – Local Hero Day
- All police, Fire, EMT, city officials and teachers receive 50 percent off with valid I.D.
Thursday, March 18 – Surfrider Foundation Day
- 20 percent of the day’s sales will be donated to the Surfrider Foundation, an organization dedicated to the protection of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches.
Friday, March 19 – “Rock Out With Your Guac Out!” Party
- Featuring live music and tons of giveaways.
In addition, the restaurant is offering $1.50 Dos Equis all week.