Heatwave Expected to Hit North Carolina’s ‘City of Oaks’
–Tijuana Flats Announces Opening of Its First Raleigh Location–
ORLANDO, FL- On Monday, September 21, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its first Raleigh location at 1310 E. Millbrook Road.
Currently, the Orlando-based, fast-casual, Tex-Mex restaurant has 67 locations throughout the country, including one location in Charlotte, North Carolina. The restaurant plans to open six to eight additional locations throughout Raleigh and its surrounding suburbs over the next four years.
“Since Raleigh continues to expand in population and size, it makes it a desirable location for our restaurant,” said Tijuana Flats’ CEO, Camp Fitch. “We are excited to ‘spice up’ the city with our great, laid-back atmosphere and high quality food and hope to become a staple in the local community that everyone enjoys.”
The Raleigh location will feature Tijuana Flats’ made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,300-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 65-70 guests and outdoor seating for 24 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at the latest location is no exception, incorporating a cosmicspace sci-fi design.
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
- A tankless and regular water heater
To commemorate the opening, Tijuana Flats is offering every guest who comes in during opening week a chance to win one of four $250 gift cards and other Tijuana Flats prizes.
Winners will be announced during the restaurant’s “Rock Out With Your Guac Out!” party on Friday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. and must be present to win. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
In addition to $1.50 Coronas all week, other opening week specials include:
Monday, September 21 – Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities Day
- Tijuana Flats will donate 20 percent of opening day sales to the foundation.
Tuesday, September 22 – Tijuana Trio Day
- Free order of chips, salsa, queso and guacamole with entree’ purchase (one per table) – for groups of three or more.
Wednesday, September 23 – Local Hero Day
- 50 percent off for all Police, Fire. Teachers, EMT & City Officials (with valid I.D.).
Thursday, September 24 – Kids eat free
- Kids eat free with purchase of adult entree.
– Friday, September 25 – “Rock Out!” Party
- Featuring giveaways and live music.