Get Ready to Feel the Heat, Ocala!
–Tijuana Flats Set to Open First Marion County Location on August 17–
On Monday, August 17, hunger will meet its match as Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and its unique ambiance, opens its first restaurant location in Ocala at 3950 SW College Road.
The Ocala location will feature Tijuana Flats’ made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,000-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 64 guests and outdoor seating for 28 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at the latest location is no exception, incorporating a cosmicspace sci-fi design. ”We are extremely excited to bring Tijuana Flats to Marion County,” said Tijuana Flats’ CEO, Camp Fitch.
“Whether guests have never experienced a Tijuana Flats before or are simply thrilled to have one closer to them now, we look forward to providing them with our long tradition of fresh Tex-Mex food and excellent customer service in a fun and friendly atmosphere.”
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
To commemorate the opening, Tijuana Flats is offering every guest who comes in during opening week a chance to win one of four $250 gift cards and other Tijuana Flats prizes.
Winners will be announced during the restaurant’s “Rock Out With Your Guac Out!” party on Friday, August 21 at 7:30 p.m. and must be present to win. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
Additional opening week specials include:
Monday, August 17 – Opening Day!
Tuesday, August 18 – Kidʼs Night
- Children eat free with the purchase of an adult entree.
Wednesday, August 19 – Local Hero Day
- All police, fire, EMT, teachers and city officials receive 50 percent off with proof of proper I.D.
Thursday, August 20
- 20 percent of the dayʼs sales will be donated to the Marion Therapeutic Riding Association
Friday, August 21 – “Rock Out!” Party
- Featuring giveaways and live music
In addition to the opening week specials, Tijuana Flats is serving $1.50 Dos Equis all week.