–ANNUAL CONFERENCE AWARDS CEREMONY–
Tijuana Flats, notorious for its mouth-numbing hot sauce and fresh Tex-Mex food, recently recognized a number of individuals for their outstanding commitment and dedication at an awards ceremony during the 8th annual Tijuana Flats Business Review and Celebration. The company hosted the awards ceremony to recognize the employee and parter efforts that help create an enjoyable working environment and a memorable dining experience.
“A key element of any company’s success is the customer service it provides,” said Tijuana Flats’ founder, Brian Wheeler. “The employees and partners that were recognized enable Tijuana Flats to provide excellent customer service and ensure the overall success of the restaurant, year after year.”
The Tijuana Flats 2009 Partner of the Year was awarded to Orlando & Mary Jo Sorrento. With restaurants located in Naples, Port Charlotte and Bonita Springs, Fla., the Sorrento’s received this award for their commitment to establishing the Tijuana Flats brand outside of its more well-known terriotires.
Additional awards that were distributed during the 2009 Tijuana Flats Business Review and Celebration are as follows:
- Kyle Randolph, general manager of the St. Petersburg, Fla. location, received the Best in Financials Award for having extraordinary sales and his ability to successfully serve an abundance of hungry fans week after week.
- Damion Trumble, area supervisor of the Dale Mabry location in Tampa, Fla., received the award for Best In People Development for his outstanding training and mentoring skills, motivating his staff to be the best they can be.
- Marie Crawford, general manager of the Altamonte Springs , Fla. location, received the Quality of Operations Award for the pride she takes in the level of guest service she provides at her location.
- Michael Slattery, general manager of the Deerfield Beach, Fla. location, received the Operator of the Year award for exemplifying true leadership and professionalism while serving as a mentor for fellow employees.
- The 2009 Vendor of the Year went to Jose Solis of La Chiquita Tortilla Company.
During the celebration, Tijuana Flats honored six employees who have worked with the company for ten years:
- Director of research and development, Jim Stitt
- People development supervisor Mary Ghezzi
- Area supervisor Matt Weekley
- Managing partner Adam Scoggins
- Area supervisor Joey Holland
- General manager, Adam Moore.
Tijuana Flats also honored 12 employees who have worked for the company for five years. Eight employees received the “Big Taco” award for showing tremendous leadership abilities during their career with the company.