Another Heatwave Expected to Hit South Florida
On Monday, June 27, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its second Fort Lauderdale location at 1489 Unit, A SE 17th Street.
The new Fort Lauderdale location will feature Tijuana Flatsʼ fresh, made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,000 square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 60 guests and outdoor seating for 16 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, with an over-the-top Sea Monster eating the city of Fort Lauderdale.
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that s significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
- A tankless and regular water heater
Opening week specials include:
Monday, June 27 — Opening Day!
Tuesday, June 28 — Tijuana Tuesdaze
- $4.99 Two Tacos, Chips and Drink
Wednesday, June 29 — Jessica June Children’s Cancer Foundation Give Back Day
- 20 percent of the day’s sales will be donated to the foundation
Thursday, June 30 - Local Hero Day
- 50 percent off for all local heroes, including: teachers, police, firefighters, EMT and military (with valid I.D.)
Friday, July 1— Rock Out Party!
- Enjoy giveaways, drink specials and live music from 6 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, July 2 — $2 Burritos
- Enjoy $2 Tijuana-sized burritos all day
Sunday, July 3 — Kids Eat Free
- Kids eat free with purchase of an adult entrée
Recently, Tijuana Flats announced plans to open seven to ten new restaurants throughout South Florida during the next 18 months. The company plans to open the first three of the newly announced restaurants in Broward County. The first being the Fort Lauderdale location mentioned above. The second—located at 5056 N Dixie Hwy. in Oakland Park—will open during Q4 2011. The third—located at 12550 Pines Blvd. in Pembroke Pines—will open in early 2012.