Another Heatwave Expected to Hit North Carolina
ORLANDO, Fla. (Monday, January 3, 2011) – On Monday, January 17, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its second Raleigh market location at 151 SE Cary Parkway in Cary, NC.
The Cary location will feature Tijuana Flatsʼ fresh, made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 2,000-square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 52 guests and outdoor seating for 36 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, with over-the-top robots taking over the city of Cary.
In addition, the restaurant incorporates energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
Opening week specials include:
Monday, January 17—Opening Day!
Tuesday, January 18—Tijuana Tuesdaze
- Guests enjoy two tacos, chips & a drink for only $4.99
Wednesday, January 19— Life Experiences Fundraiser Day
- 20 percent of sales will be donated to Life Experiences Organization, which provides satisfying work experiences for adults with varying disabilities
Thursday, January 20—Local Hero Day
- 50 percent off for all Police, Fire, EMT, Military & Teachers (with valid I.D.)
Friday, January 21—Rock Out With Your Guac Out Party
- Featuring live music and tons of giveaways
Saturday, January 22—$2 Burritos
- Enjoy $2 Burritos All Day (regular size only, steak $1.00 extra)
Sunday, January 23—Kids Eat Free
- Kids eat free with purchase of adult entree.
To view the Tijuana Flats menu as well as list of locations, visit www.tijuanaflats.com.
About Tijuana Flats
Established in 1995 in Winter Park, Fla., Tijuana Flats is a unique, fast-casual Tex-Mex dining experience featuring superior guest service and fresh, made-to-order food. Tijuana Flats has over 70 locations in Florida, Indiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia. The restaurants are typically found in high-traffic areas and average 2,200 square feet.
Since the restaurant first opened its doors in 1995, Tijuana Flats has used zero trans-fatty acids (TFA) cooking oils, 100 percent hormone free, white meat chicken, fresh produce and all of its menu items have been lard free. Customers can choose from flour or whole-wheat tortillas for any of their tacos, burritos, quesadillas, chimichangas and flautas. This restaurant also has a popular “Power Lite” selection, which allows customers to choose low-fat cheese and fat-free sour cream in any menu item. There is no charge for selecting a whole-wheat tortilla or Power Lite.
Known worldwide for their own brand of hot sauces, Tijuana Flats Hot Foods Inc., a separate company, provides the restaurants’ specialty products, hot sauces and condiments, including one of the hottest sauces in the world, Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally…“Going Postal.” For more information about Tijuana Flats, including menu and locations, visit www.tijuanaflats.com.