Another Heatwave Expected to Hit Central Florida
On Monday, July 25, Tijuana Flats, famous for its fresh Tex-Mex food and unique ambiance, opens its new Orlando location at 7560 West Sand Lake Road in the Plaza Venezia shopping center. This is the company’s eighth Orlando and 29th Central Florida Tijuana Flats location.
The latest Orlando location will feature Tijuana Flatsʼ fresh, made-to-order menu, a 14-pump hot sauce bar and all the lively atmosphere patrons have come to expect from the Tex-Mex powerhouse. The 3,100 square-foot restaurant will accommodate indoor seating for 94 guests and outdoor seating for 28 guests. Anyone who has experienced Tijuana Flats knows about its brightly colored wall murals. The mural at this location is no exception, dipicting an eleborate, zombie pirate shipwreck scene.
This is Tijuana Flats’ first Central Florida opening for 2011.
The new Orlando Tijuana Flats will incorporate energy efficient equipment, taking some initial steps in becoming more environmentally cautious. They include:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps that offer substantially better energy balance than traditional incandescent bulbs
- An Energy Management System (EMS) hood which drastically reduces energy usage
- Solar powered timers in the kitchen
- Low flow toilets that significantly reduce water usage
- Front of the house tile is made from 40 percent pre-consumer recycled materials
Opening week specials include $2 Corona and Corona Lights from Monday to Friday as well as the following:
Tuesday, July 26—Tijuana Tuesdaze
- Two tacos, chips & a drink for $4.99.
Friday, July 29—Rock Out Party!
- Complete with live music and giveaways.
In addition, the company also plans to open an additional location in Orlando—2914 E. Colonial Drive—by the end of August, making it Orlando’s ninth and Central Florida’s 30th Tijuana Flats location.